It can be a problem at times with finding a good balance between working hard and playing hard. In big cities, a lot of people work hard and play harder. Some people play getting-in-at-7am-on-a-school-night hard! Too much working can leave you stressed and worried. On the other hand, too much playing can leave you exhausted and burnt out, which in turn affects your work.
So, how do you find a balance?
1. Leave the hard stuff to the weekend or holidays so you have time to recover.
2. If you want to go out during the week, try networking events and take your time with the wine.
3. Weekday dinners with friends is always fun.. it’s not all about drinking.
4. Take time out at lunch and meet with friends at a coffee shop. You’re letting off steam with the added bonus of caffeine to keep you going for the rest of the day.
5. Arrange a weekly meet up with friends. Sticking to a schedule ensures you’ll definitely setting aside time to chill out.
6. Tired after work and need to relax? Massage!
7. Treat yourself and get your nails done. It doesn’t take long if you’re busy, and it’s always nice to be pampered from time to time.
8. Have movie nights with friends and go all out with plenty of popcorn and chocolate – again, it’s not ALL about drinking!
9. For the drinkers: Try not to mix drinks too much if you’re out during the week, otherwise you’re asking for a hangover which results in being less productive in work.
10. Try searching online for events during the week that don’t finish too late. That way you’re letting off steam and also getting an early night.
If you have any other ideas, then please share in the comments.